Skip to main content

Help a Candian...Former Instant Star

"The person who get the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure thing boat never gets far from the shore." Dale Carnegie


Most people that know me, have no idea what I am talking about when I mention a particular interest. This could be any number of things including Julia Nunes (musician with a ukulele on YouTube), Garfunkel & Oates (more YouTube) and possibly shows such as Being Erika or Degrassi (Canadian). My interests aren't that amazing or that unique, so luckily, there's usually one friend that knows who or what I am talking about. Sometimes this knowledge may have come from some type of force. My poor boyfriend gets the majority of these things thrown at him (Gilmore Girls, Xena Warrior Princess, Instant Star, etc.) Poor guy!

Not my boyfriend or me. Just a random photo.
Those of you who also know me, know that when I like things, I like things hard. Instant Star, the music of Instant Star and Alexz Johnson happen to be one of them. The following video was forced on to many people, including my mother. There were no complaints in case you were wondering. 


Now that you love Instant Star and Alexz Johnson. Here is the real point for my first post in days...this lovely Canadian girl is putting on a tour and needs your money. 


Truthfully, she's passed her goal, in one day! She still needs money though, because now this little American tour is trying to go International. (I really do use the comma more than I should probably.) Here are a few reasons why you should give her at least one dollar.
  1. She's an artist doing something about her dream. All of us have some type of dream we want to accomplish (I want to write and I want to paint), but none of us are really doing anything about it. She's doing something.
  2. She's living in my old Brooklyn neighborhood of Williamsburg. The first place I ever lived in NYC! This means she has good taste. (I wonder if she's tried the amazing falafel near the Lorimer stop of the L.)
  3. She's Canadian. As I learned on my European tour, everyone loves Canadians, while everyone hates us Americans. 
  4. Instant Star was amazing. Give her money for that. 
  5. Two record labels have failed her already. Let her be her own boss. Be jealous, that's ok because I am a little jealous myself. 
  6. She was killed off so horrifyingly in one of the Final Destination movies that I nearly vomited. I hate horror films and for some reason I watched anyway. It was horrifying. Good job.
  7. She's lived life as a red head. Dyed red, but as a natural ginger the love is still appreciated. 
  8. Because I said so. What other reason do you need?
In all honesty, I don't think this is something she has to do. If she wanted she could probably continue to act, getting plenty of parts, possibly stay in Canada. This is all great and this is all safe, but not what she has decided to do. She's doing the scary thing and pursuing her passion. One of the entire reasons why I decided to start this blog in the first place is to pursue my own interest of writing and to also discuss my generation of lost souls. Not all of us have something we care about and those that do, aren't generally brave enough to go for it. For those of you in my generation that are successful...would you leave that success to pursue what you really care about?

Comments

  1. To be fair, I like all of the things you throw at me (to varying degrees). You're the unlucky one, with all of the comic books, video games, etc. being thrown at you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POTUS is Decided...it is Time for Respect

Potus​ decision aside. Secretary Hillary Clinton​ is human just like the rest of us. This means she is fallible...just like the rest of us. She has humbled herself more than once for this country by owning up to her mistakes and most likely the mistakes of others. She did this because that's what leaders are supposed to do. Admit to your mistakes; take responsibility as leader for your employees’ mistakes. Then you move on from there to find solutions. Secretary Clinton showed courage, conviction, and loyalty. To her party, her President and also her country. As she continues to fight for children and what she believes is best for this country, I have more admiration for her than ever.
I hope that the people of this country will at least begin to treat her with the respect she deserves and has not received. If not for her political views or her public record, for the years of service she fought for this country, for the causes she continues to fight for and for the positions she…

Jesus Loves Me This I Know...Unless I'm Gay

You could move.  ~Abigail Van Buren, "Dear Abby," in response to a reader who complained that a gay couple was moving in across the street and wanted to know what he could do to improve the quality of the neighborhood


I am a Christian, I believe God exists. The following blog is a paper I wrote for my religion class, because I wanted to find in the Bible where it stated homosexuality was a sin. As a Christian I stand by everything I write in that paper and I feel it's time we stop hiding our prejudice behind religion. I am a racist, but it's not because of the Bible, it's because white people are really dumb (joke). 


* This is pasted and copied from an unedited version of my paper.

Christian morality is based primarily on what has been established as their word of God, the Bible. Those who have established themselves according to these laws are considered virtuous morally and spiritually. Those who have stepped out of these guidelines have established themselves as…

Sutton Foster or Patti Lupone? Both.

"Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway."Ethel Merman



When I was 18 years old I went to my first Broadway show, the original broadway production of Mamma Mia. At the time Tina Maddigan was the lead and at the time I thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen. Truthfully, I still have a special spot for that show and also for the lead. I don't know if this is true for everyone, but I don't see how anyone can truly forget their first show. My actual first show was watching Nutcracker in downtown Jacksonville. My teacher told me to watch for the tree and as it rose from it's spot it was spectacular. This means you will never forget your first show and you will never forget your first broadway spectacular. 



For those of you who liked the movie Mamma Mia (entire city of London), I thought it sucked. 


When I was 19 and I moved to New York, I was officially obsessed with going to the theatre. Usually, I only went to see cele…