Skip to main content

Almost 30...Death...and Just Words

Let's talk about...me. 

I'm sure the idea of talking about me comes as a big shock, since this is a blog post written by me and generally about me. While this blog post is definitely going to be about me, it's also going to be about other things such as turning 30 and also expectations of society. 

On April 9th, I will be 30 years old.Strangely enough, I'm not even a little worried about the prospect of being 30. I'm still slightly worried about the idea of death, but that's never going to end because I've been born in to a society that feels that every single one of us should be special and none of us should be forgotten. I fear mortality, not death. This is even KNOWING the very fact that I'm nothing special and should stop being such an asshole to think anyone should ever remember me in the future (I should probably remember this the next time I decide to write another post all about myself).

The idea of me not worrying about getting old comes at a surprise for the following...

When I was in Kindergarten I used to play with older kids in my neighborhood. They were probably middle school and high school aged kids. We would always play house and I was always the baby. Even at this age I knew that infants were where it was at. I needed to have that, I needed to be a baby again. Those tiny bitches never got in to trouble either. From then on, as I grew, I always saw the smaller aged kids and just thought to myself how lucky those little bitches were. They were smaller, therefore, they were cuter. The only time I ever lied about being older was when I was 9 and I lied saying that I was 10. It was because my step-brother's friend would only give out number stickers for ages. There were no number 9's, so obviously I had to pretend to be 10. I got that damned sticker though.

This idea of never being young enough continued until I was probably 25. At this age I was still having guys ask me if I was legal before they asked me out. Yes, there is a limit to wanting to be younger and this was just a little bit creepy. 

Now at the almost age of 30, I realize there are a few things I probably should have accomplished according to standards of society. 
  1. Marriage: Yes, I am putting marriage as number one on the list because it seems to be all anyone can ever ask or seem to care about. First question if you have no ring: Are you seeing someone? No. I mention out loud at a party that I may never get married because I'm not sure it's for me. The question from across the very long table is...why is that? Well, why does it matter?...Don't you want children? (I know someone that put that they were in a relationship on Facebook and received at least 60 comments and over 100 likes. I'm still confused on my feelings because I'm happy for the person...but...I'm confused.)
  2. Children: Even though I might never be married, there is this whole thing with children. Of course I want to be a narcissist that has myself recreated in to tiny humans running around the planet. Things I don't want include; going bankrupt, changing poop, dealing with another person forever if it turns out I hate them (the co-parent, not the child) and also the lifelong commitment to another human that I am now supposed to put before myself (the child). 
  3. Career: This is a fair question. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I know what I want to do with my time. I know what I want to do with my time at this moment. I don't know what I want to do with my time 30 years from now. I am just hoping things that interest me will keep me occupied until I die one day. 
  4. Do people even ask questions after this point?
You can thank long life spans for people that think like me because I'm not the only one. There are too many people surviving in to their 100s these days, which means it's not realistic to retire at the age of 60. There are too many people on the planet fighting for resources to continue to recreate them and recreate them and recreate them. Personally, I believe "homosexuality" is just another form of evolution in order to cut back on the many humans that are already running the planet. At some point I'm guessing whatever creator you believe in is saying, "Wait, hold up. Don't be such greedy bitches? Twenty kids? Really?" This is me paraphrasing obviously. 

Goals in life: I don't know. I'll figure it out eventually. I say never to nothing because I change my mind a lot. 

I'm pretty sure everything about this post says I have a fear of committing. In order to fix this I should probably get married and have a baby. It's the right thing to do as an American.

So what things should I be accomplishing now that I'm 30? Don't tell me what I should have accomplished by now because that's just a waste of time until time machines have been invented. Even then, the best I can hope for is that my alternate universe self goes back in time to fix that version of me. Otherwise, let's stick with what is tangible. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Cunt/Dyke says Random Facebook Guy

How many times have you been on some type of internet platform and received a strange message like this, from some random creepy guy or possibly even girl?  I did change this "persons" name. 35 minutes ago Anon u r hot! 33 minutes ago Betty Jane Chitty true story. 24 minutes ago Anon does that true story have a happy ending? 23 minutes ago Betty Jane Chitty do I even know you? 23 minutes ago Anon if not, u should what r u doing right now? 16 minutes ago Betty Jane Chitty Well, I was going to delete you but you aren't on my friends list. Please stop writing me since I have no idea who you are. 4 minutes ago Anon wow well u r a fucking cunt enjoying being a cunt the rest of your life u dyke a few seconds ago Betty Jane Chitty ok Why do these people feel entitled to speak with me? Am

POTUS is Decided...it is Time for Respect

Potus​ decision aside. Secretary Hillary Clinton​ is human just like the rest of us. This means she is fallible...just like the rest of us. She has humbled herself more than once for this country by owning up to her mistakes and most likely the mistakes of others. She did this because that's what leaders are supposed to do. Admit to your mistakes; take responsibility as leader for your employees’ mistakes. Then you move on from there to find solutions. Secretary Clinton showed courage, conviction, and loyalty. To her party, her President and also her country. As she continues to fight for children and what she believes is best for this country, I have more admiration for her than ever. I hope that the people of this country will at least begin to treat her with the respect she deserves and has not received. If not for her political views or her public record, for the years of service she fought for this country, for the causes she continues to fight for and for the positions s

Facebook is a waste land of broken dreams. (Facebook Depression)

How many times have you gone on to Facebook in order to "check up" on people only to find they've been trotting the world, landing amazing jobs or have just left you in the dust to the amazingness of their existence? It makes me wonder what is their damn secret? Why are they so happy? Why the hell haven't I managed to grow up yet? Kids that I used to babysit in high school are married and/or with children. I am with neither. This is by choice, but it does still tend to sting a little bit. Then there is the ever present pictures of people traveling the globe and seeing places that I haven't managed to see yet. Yes, I have been all over the world but while I am reading the Facebook page in my boring office that doesn't matter. It's like those things never happened or like they just weren't good enough in comparison.  What we don't see is the reality behind the pictures that make everything seem so amazing. For instance, all you might see in o