Skip to main content

Kid Problems

"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." John Barrymore


My entire childhood consisted of me going through what was possibly a mid life crisis. As a Kindergardener I always thought I was too old because I was not a toddler. As a middle schooler I figured it was best to be in Elementary school where all the kids were safe and happy...you can see how this is going to continue. Somehow in the early years of college there was a change though. I went from being mature and sensitive to being...well, whatever the hell I kind of wanted to be. This brings me to the follow up of the previous post...as an adult it's ok to occasionally have a few kid problems. 

At 27 years age I still think that I am a bit too old and I've possibly wasted my younger years. I can't play hooky from work, I can't have my parents give me money for stuff I don't really need and I have to feed myself, which really sucks. This way of thinking is completely wrong though because as an adult I can act like an adult or even a kid any time I wanted. For instance...
  • I can play hooky from work. It's somehow more satisfying to skip work to watch a movie in the middle of the day. 
  • I don't need to as my parents for money because I have my own money to buy whatever I want. 
  • I can feed myself whatever I want as well, even if it's ice cream for breakfast. This last part is the reason why I am currently trying to watch what I eat for a few months. 

A couple of weeks ago I was riding my scooter and hit a bump in the sidewalk. I skinned my knee pretty bad and it hurt for days...kid problems. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sutton Foster or Patti Lupone? Both.

"Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway."Ethel Merman



When I was 18 years old I went to my first Broadway show, the original broadway production of Mamma Mia. At the time Tina Maddigan was the lead and at the time I thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen. Truthfully, I still have a special spot for that show and also for the lead. I don't know if this is true for everyone, but I don't see how anyone can truly forget their first show. My actual first show was watching Nutcracker in downtown Jacksonville. My teacher told me to watch for the tree and as it rose from it's spot it was spectacular. This means you will never forget your first show and you will never forget your first broadway spectacular. 



For those of you who liked the movie Mamma Mia (entire city of London), I thought it sucked. 


When I was 19 and I moved to New York, I was officially obsessed with going to the theatre. Usually, I only went to see cele…

POTUS is Decided...it is Time for Respect

Potus​ decision aside. Secretary Hillary Clinton​ is human just like the rest of us. This means she is fallible...just like the rest of us. She has humbled herself more than once for this country by owning up to her mistakes and most likely the mistakes of others. She did this because that's what leaders are supposed to do. Admit to your mistakes; take responsibility as leader for your employees’ mistakes. Then you move on from there to find solutions. Secretary Clinton showed courage, conviction, and loyalty. To her party, her President and also her country. As she continues to fight for children and what she believes is best for this country, I have more admiration for her than ever.
I hope that the people of this country will at least begin to treat her with the respect she deserves and has not received. If not for her political views or her public record, for the years of service she fought for this country, for the causes she continues to fight for and for the positions she…

Mildred Pierce: Joan vs. Kate

Mildred Pierce was a book written in 1941. A book that was also made in to two separate movies. One in 1945 starring Joan Crawford and the other in 2011 starring Kate Winslet.


Just recently I have watched both films, mostly because I was tired of hearing how amazing Joan Crawford was and how Kate Winslet's version would never come close. After having watched both, I realize what I knew before, these people are really stupid. People who say this without proper knowledge of having seen Kate Winslet are just saying this because you must assume the older version is always better. They are making the assumption Kate Winslet can never compare to Joan Crawford because, well, because it is Joan Crawford and she won an Oscar for this role. I haven't seen any of the other movies that were performances of that category in 1945, but she does seem to have deserved it. 
I love both performances and I loved both film versions. I still like Kate Winslet's version as a whole. These are the…