Skip to main content

Friendships

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." George Washington. 

At this point in time I think it's safe to say every person on the planet knows about the show and book series of Wicked. At the very least I will say, every person in the modern world has heard about this show and at least one small African child is bouncing around the desert singing the song "Popular." Yes, I did mean African citizen and not black. Maybe this kid is a white South African, I don't know. Either way this show is popular. In this series there are two main relationships, possibly three and these are mostly prominent in the book rather than show. 
  • Elphaba (wicked witch of the west) and Galinda (good witch) become best-friends.
  • Elphaba falls in love with Fiyero. 
  • Glinda is dating Fiyero so this is the possible third relationship to care about.
I debated with a person once about which we thought was the most important relationship. Her idea was Elphaba and Fiyero, the two tragic lovers. Mine was Elphaba and Galinda, the two friends who have to part in the end. 

Truthfully, this is the reason I liked the show Xena so much. You have two best-friend who travelled the world and would do absolutely anything for the other. The reason I get so annoyed with the lesbian scenario is because this makes the friendship look so trivial in comparison to the friendship they started with. 

When I started this, I was actually going to try and explain what I think is an amazing friendship and why it is so important. It's actually not something I can not truly explain, but I will give a few sentences anyway. You need people other than your significant other to hang out with. You need someone to complain to when your love is getting on your damn nerves. It definitely happens. You need someone to tell you your being a jackass. I'm not sure my boyfriend would be completely comfortable doing this since there are things at stake. Friends are your friends because they care, are dependable and honest when they need to be, without requiring anything in return. Let's face it, the person your dating is always wanting something in return. 


If you are one of those people with thousands of friends and spread very thin, well, that's not the type of friendships I am talking about. There is another quote by another person stating, "those who are friends with everyone are a friend to no one." I believe that statement is a true story. 

This is by far the dumbest message I've ever written, but here are a few lovely parting pictures of good friendships based on television and movies.

In Stand By Me he says, "You never have friends like the ones you had when you were a child." 

Everyone wanted to be their FRIEND. 

In How I Met Your Mother everyone drops what they are doing in order to run to Ted's side when he gets in a car accident. He was fine and eating Jello when they arrived. Beautiful scene though.

In closing, the saying it true. Sometimes love just isn't enough. You need friends too. If you want, you can love them as well though.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Cunt/Dyke says Random Facebook Guy

How many times have you been on some type of internet platform and received a strange message like this, from some random creepy guy or possibly even girl?  I did change this "persons" name. 35 minutes ago Anon u r hot! 33 minutes ago Betty Jane Chitty true story. 24 minutes ago Anon does that true story have a happy ending? 23 minutes ago Betty Jane Chitty do I even know you? 23 minutes ago Anon if not, u should what r u doing right now? 16 minutes ago Betty Jane Chitty Well, I was going to delete you but you aren't on my friends list. Please stop writing me since I have no idea who you are. 4 minutes ago Anon wow well u r a fucking cunt enjoying being a cunt the rest of your life u dyke a few seconds ago Betty Jane Chitty ok Why do these people feel entitled to speak with me? Am

POTUS is Decided...it is Time for Respect

Potus​ decision aside. Secretary Hillary Clinton​ is human just like the rest of us. This means she is fallible...just like the rest of us. She has humbled herself more than once for this country by owning up to her mistakes and most likely the mistakes of others. She did this because that's what leaders are supposed to do. Admit to your mistakes; take responsibility as leader for your employees’ mistakes. Then you move on from there to find solutions. Secretary Clinton showed courage, conviction, and loyalty. To her party, her President and also her country. As she continues to fight for children and what she believes is best for this country, I have more admiration for her than ever. I hope that the people of this country will at least begin to treat her with the respect she deserves and has not received. If not for her political views or her public record, for the years of service she fought for this country, for the causes she continues to fight for and for the positions s

I'm not a lesbian, but my girlfriend is...

I'm not sure that I've been a cynic on love my entire life, but I have written confirmation that I definitely was at 17 years old and still a senior in high school. This comes in the form of a scrap book that we were supposed to complete about our lives. I loved this assignment, I loved what I did with it and I love that the teacher I had admired so much had liked it as well. I still have the scrapbook and so occasionally I look through it and at what my life had been for the first 17-18 years of my life when it was competed. There was one prompt that she gave us, "It's Love This Time". I changed it to, "It's Not Love This Time" and posted a bunch of pictures of cute celebrity boys because I had no first loves. Well, at this time in my life, I don't think I had ever been on a date before. I went on one date my senior year of high school and that was a set up through one of my friends. Let's just say we aren't married. He ended up